- Kent College aims to provide excellent, balanced and well-rounded education to all of our pupils both in and out of the classroom.
- We are committed to single-sex education and to maintaining a boarding community at the heart of the school
- We also aim to maintain a tolerant and supportive ethos based upon mutual respect and firmly grounded Christian principles.
- Above all, we strive to meet the individual needs of each pupil and to ensure that each one has every opportunity to gain confidence and to excel.
- To provide staff with the working conditions and resources to carry out their work as effectively as possible.
- To provide opportunities for staff training and development.
- To encourage staff to work together in an environment of mutual support, trust and respect.
- To be sympathetic to demands placed upon staff within and outside their working environment.
- To ensure effective channels of communication are in operation.
- To promote and encourage positive social interaction between all members of staff.
Methodist Schools' Mission Statement
Kent College is one of 14 British schools which are managed by the Board of Management for Methodist Residential Schools and Colleges.
The aims of the Methodist schools are:
- To be caring Christian family communities committed to the development of the full potential of each individual, having regard for their personal attributes in addition to their academic aspirations.
- To maintain high educational standards in all their academic, cultural and sporting activities, stimulating excitement in learning and requiring discipline in study whatever the ability of the child.
- To work with and in the communities they serve.
- To worship as Christians in the Methodist tradition; to uphold Christian values in practice as well as in theory and to make religious education a strong feature of the curriculum, whilst welcoming members of other faiths (and none) in a spirit of openness and tolerance.
- To encourage pupils in a critical examination of the standards and values current in society and to discover and develop a personal faith to guide them throughout their lives.
Kent College is a registered charity and is a member of the Methodist
Independent Schools Group.